Create Multiple Passing Options & Easy Baskets With Simple Basketball Play 1Simple Basketball Play 1 uses constant movement, along with several cuts and screens to create multiple, easy scoring opportunities for your team.
Simple Basketball Play 1
Key For Basketball Diagrams:
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Shooting Guard
- 3 = Small Forward
- 4 = Power Forward
- 5 = Center
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- The play will start in a 4 out - 1 in formation. With 4 players on the perimeter and 1 in the low post.
- 1 will yell "Go" to start the play. 5 will cut hard to the free throw line and receive a pass from 1.
- When 5 receives the pass, 4 will cut hard toward the foul line extended to set up their defender and then make a back-cut toward the basket
- If 4 is open, 5 will pass the basketball to them for a lay-up.
- If 4 is not open, 5 can look to shoot a jump shot or drive to the basket for a lay-up.
- If 4 does not get the pass from 5, they should cut through the lane and set a back screen for 3.
- 3 should set up their defender with a good fake and then use 4's screen to cut to the basket.
- If 3 is open, 5 will pass the basketball to them for a lay-up.
- If 3 does not get the pass from 5, they should cut out to the wing area.
- After screening for 3, 4 should open up to the basketball and be ready for a pass from 5.
- If 5 does not pass to 3, they should look for 4 opening up after setting their screen.
- If 5 is unable to pass to 4, they should pass the basketball out to 3 on the wing.
- 3 can either re-set the offense or run another basketball play.
Youth Basketball Plays:
Keys For Success
Here are several keys that will determine your team's success in running this basic basketball play...
- Players must be fundamentally sound and have the offensive skills (dribbling, passing, screening, cutting, faking and shooting) to run this basketball play.
- Create multiple scoring opportunities for your players.
- Give the players multiple passing options when they have the basketball.
- Give the receiver of the pass options once they get the basketball. They should have a scoring opportunity or an open teammate to pass the basketball to.
Simple Basketball Play 1 is an effective play because it addresses each of the keys above. This is a basic basketball play that will create an easy scoring opportunity for your players. If executed properly, your team will have a great deal of success with this basketball play.
Coaches...be sure to check out the entire collection of simple basketball plays.
Search on this website :