Create Easy Scoring Opportunities For Your Team With
Sideline Out Of Bounds Play 2
Sideline Out Of Bounds Play 2 is a highly effective basketball inbound play that starts in a stack formation at half-court. This basketball play uses several cuts to create multiple passing and scoring opportunities for your basketball team.
The nice thing about this inbound basketball play is that it's simple to teach and easy for your players to learn. You can use this basketball play at any level of competition. Although this sideline basketball play is simple, it's very effective at creating easy baskets for your players.
Sideline Basketball Play 2
Key For Basketball Diagrams:
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Shooting Guard
- 3 = Small Forward
- 4 = Power Forward
- 5 = Center
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- 5 will inbound the basketball. The play will start when they slap the ball and yelling "Go".
- The other four players will start in a stack formation at half-court.
- 1 will fake toward the basket and then cut into the back court.
- 2 will fake toward the back court and then cut into the front court.
- 3 will turn and rub off of 4's shoulder, forcing their defender into 4's screen. They will then cut directly toward the basket. They should be ready for a long, lob pass from 5.
- 4 will step forward towards 5 and be ready for a pass..
- If 3 is open, 5 should pass the basketball to them for the lay-up.
- 5 can also pass the basketball to 2, who would look to drive in for a lay-up or to pass the ball to 3 who is cutting to the basket.
- If 3 or 2 are not open, then 5 should pass the basketball to 1 in the back-court. The team would then re-set their offense.
Sideline Plays For Basketball:
Keys For Success
Here are several keys that will determine your team's success in running this basketball inbounds play...
- Players must be fundamentally sound and have the offensive skills (dribbling, passing, cutting, faking and shooting) to run this play.
- Create multiple scoring opportunities.
- Give the inbounder multiple passing options.
- Give the receiver of the inbound pass options once they get the basketball. They should have a scoring opportunity or an open teammate to pass the basketball to.
Sideline Out Of Bounds Play 2 is an effective basketball play because it addresses each of the keys above. This is a simple inbound play that, if executed properly, your team will have much success with...and it will create an easy scoring opportunity for you.
Coaches...be sure to check out the entire collection of
basketball inbound plays.
Return To Sideline Out Of Bounds Play 2 Top
Return From Sideline Out Of Bounds Play 2 To Basketball Inbound Plays
Return From Sideline Plays For Basketball To Home Page