Create Multiple Scoring Opportunities & Easy Baskets With Baseline Out
Of Bounds Plays 5
Baseline Out Of Bounds Plays 5 is a great baseline basketball play that starts in a box formation. This basketball inbounds play uses proper screening and cutting techniques, along with quick passing to create multiple scoring opportunities for your team.
This basketball play can be used at any level of competition. It's simple to teach and learn...and is very effective at creating easy baskets.
Baseline Basketball Play 5
Key For Basketball Diagrams:
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Shooting Guard
- 3 = Small Forward
- 4 = Power Forward
- 5 = Center
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- 1 will inbound the basketball. The play will start when they slap the ball and yell "Go".
- The other four players will start in a box formation.
- 4 will screen for 2.
- 2 will make a good fake and then cut off of 4's screen to the wing area, just outside the 3-point line.
- If 2 is open, 1 should pass the basketball to them.
- 5 should establish good low post position and be ready for a pass from 1.
- If 5 has good position on their defender, 1 should pass the basketball to them.
- If 2 or 5 do not get the pass from 1, then 5 will screen for 4.
- 4 will make a good fake and then cut off of 5's screen to the low post.
- If 4 is open, 1 should pass the basketball to them.
- After screening for 4, 5 should roll back toward the basketball.
- If 5 is open, 1 should pass the basketball to them.
- As this is happening, 3 should cut out to the 3-point line and look for a pass from 1 if needed.
Baseline Basketball Plays:
Keys For Success
Here are several keys that will determine your team's success in running this basketball inbounds play...
Baseline Out Of Bounds Play 5 is an effective basketball play because it addresses each of the keys above. This is a simple inbound play that, if executed properly, your team will have much success with...and it will create an easy scoring opportunity for you.
- Players must be fundamentally sound and have the offensive skills (dribbling, passing, cutting, faking and shooting) to run this play.
- Create multiple scoring opportunities.
- Give the inbounder multiple passing options.
- Give the receiver of the inbound pass options once they get the basketball. They should have a scoring opportunity or an open teammate to pass the basketball to.
Coaches...be sure to check out the entire collection of
basketball inbound plays.
Return To Baseline Out Of Bounds Plays 5 Top
Return From Baseline Out Of Bounds Plays 5 To Basketball Inbound Plays
Return From Baseline Basketball Plays To Home Page