Create Multiple Scoring Opportunities & Easy Baskets With Baseline Out
Baseline Out Of Bounds Plays 5 is a great baseline basketball play that starts in a box formation. This basketball inbounds play uses proper screening and cutting techniques, along with quick passing to create multiple scoring opportunities for your team.
Of Bounds Plays 5
This basketball play can be used at any level of competition. It's simple to teach and learn...and is very effective at creating easy baskets.
Baseline Basketball Play 5
Key For Basketball Diagrams:
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Shooting Guard
- 3 = Small Forward
- 4 = Power Forward
- 5 = Center
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- 1 will inbound the basketball. The play will start when they slap the ball and yell "Go".
- The other four players will start in a box formation.
- 4 will screen for 2.
- 2 will make a good fake and then cut off of 4's screen to the wing area, just outside the 3-point line.
- If 2 is open, 1 should pass the basketball to them.
- 5 should establish good low post position and be ready for a pass from 1.
- If 5 has good position on their defender, 1 should pass the basketball to them.
- If 2 or 5 do not get the pass from 1, then 5 will screen for 4.
- 4 will make a good fake and then cut off of 5's screen to the low post.
- If 4 is open, 1 should pass the basketball to them.
- After screening for 4, 5 should roll back toward the basketball.
- If 5 is open, 1 should pass the basketball to them.
- As this is happening, 3 should cut out to the 3-point line and look for a pass from 1 if needed.
Baseline Basketball Plays:
Keys For Success
Here are several keys that will determine your team's success in running this basketball inbounds play...
- Players must be fundamentally sound and have the offensive skills (dribbling, passing, cutting, faking and shooting) to run this play.
- Create multiple scoring opportunities.
- Give the inbounder multiple passing options.
- Give the receiver of the inbound pass options once they get the basketball. They should have a scoring opportunity or an open teammate to pass the basketball to.
Coaches...be sure to check out the entire collection of basketball inbound plays.
Search on this website :